Who We Are
Janet Therrien, Founder and Managing Director
Janet is a no-nonsense, marketing strategist who enjoys working with leaders, teams and organizations for meaningful change. She is a fierce advocate for continuous learning and the lost art of common sense.
She provides strategic advice and training to companies across diverse sectors including the luxury sector, technology, finance, and government. More recently, Janet served as advisor to a UK-based negotiation consultancy and led marketing strategy for a leading provider of cloud technology, risk services and investment research to some of Wall Street's largest hedge funds and alternative asset management firms.
Janet was instrumental in drafting Singapore's 2015 Tourism Masterplan and has held leadership positions at the Singapore Economic Development Board, Ogilvy & Mather and co-founded two companies. She has helped organizations manage through crises including Superstorm Sandy, insider trading, viral outbreaks and oil contamination.
Janet has completed Executive Programs at Harvard Business School and the Harvard Negotiation Institute, and holds a Master of Science in Public Policy and Management from the University of York (UK).
Sometimes two heads are better than one. We collaborate with a trusted network of specialists who can provide leadership development training and added insight into your business challenges.
KMC Coaching and Consulting Inc. New York
KMCC helps individuals and organizations unlock their potential and achieve exceptional results by facilitating a coaching process for personal and professional development.
Whether you are looking to take your business to the next level, increase sales, develop and retain great leaders, or accelerate your career we have solutions to meet your needs. Our clients include business owners, CEO’s and professionals at all levels. www.kmccoaching.com
- Coached the senior management team through divestment and restructuring planning for a publicly-listed global luxury flooring firm.
- Re-positioned a financial technology firm: within 2 years shifted to a recurring revenue model increasing revenue 3x and garnered ‘Best Outsourced Technology Provider’ by Hedge Fund Manager (HFM).
- Re-branded a leading investment research firm and broker-dealer in New York serving the top 200 hedge funds.
- Drafted the Singapore 2015 Tourism Masterplan to help raise USD600million and trained 20 overseas offices in marketing communications for the Singapore Tourism Board.
- Launch of Singapore’s biomedical cluster and overall re-brand of its economic development and manufacturing sectors for the Economic Development Board.
- Co-founded two successful start-ups in Singapore and Canada.
- Provided counsel to organizations including Scottish Enterprise, Apec Secretariat and Jones Day as head of Corporate & Public Affairs for Ogilvy PR Singapore.
- Promoted one of the first joint venture foreign universities in China and listing of the Canadian parent company on the VSE.